The purpose of MD-DC SHRM is to advance the professional practice of healthcare risk management and the professional development of risk management and patient safety professionals.
Healthcare risk management includes risk identification and analysis, loss control, claims management, risk financing, and the safety of patients and healthcare workers.
Our mission and objectives are:
- To conduct educational programs and activities that promote professional
development and strengthen the expertise of healthcare risk managers in the area of risk management.
- To strengthen risk management programs in general through the Members’
participation in the activities of the Organization.
- To provide opportunities for the free exchange of information among Members and
solutions for issues of mutual concern.
- To advocate, together with ASHRM and other organizations, the practice of safe
and effective risk management in legal, legislative and regulatory venues.
- To increase the visibility, validity, and credibility of risk management as key to
effective healthcare management by facilitating communication with other healthcare