United Medical Center 1310 Southern Avenue SE, Washington, DC, 20032 (On-Site)
Employee Type: Regular Full Time
Minimum Experience: 4 Years
Required Degree: 4 Year Degree
Manage Others: No
Establish, implement, facilitate, and coordinate the ongoing, hospital-wide Risk Management Program to assure compliance with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and other healthcare regulatory and accrediting standards. Responsible for Risk Management programs targeted to enhance the quality of patient care and visitor safety consistent with hospital policies. Proactively work to prevent situations that can result in losses or liabilities in situations like patient privacy breaches; diagnostic, surgical or medication errors; and hazardous conditions.
- Minimum of one-year experience in risk management
- Management experience preferred
- Previous experience in Risk Management in a hospital setting
- CPHRM preferred
- ACA or RCA certificate preferred
To apply please visit UnitedMed: Career Search (saashr.com)
Risk Manager, JHCP
Johns Hopkins Health System Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
The Risk Manager is responsible for assisting the Director Risk Management/Senior Counsel, Clinical Affairs to identify, track and trend, investigate significant clinical issues and in the investigation of adverse patient outcomes and other institutional risk issues.
- Investigating adverse patient events and facility related risk matters within established timeframe
- Coordinating and presenting an accurate and timely synopsis of clinical situation and potential impact
- Notifying and facilitating the Root Cause Analysis Teams to full completion of mission as directed
- Creating documentation for presentation to the assigned affiliate’s Sentinel Event/Adverse Event Group, , Risk Management Committee, and Boards of Trustees committees as assigned
- Participating in issue specific task forces as needed
- Identifying, tracking and trending significant clinical issues
- Participate in the development of tracking tools for risk management case reviews, risk management issue reviews, risk management indicators, and other topics as needed
- Assisting attorneys in addressing medical/legal issues presented via legal advice calls/requests
- Drafting materials for and participating in in-service education presentations as requested
- Representing affiliate(s) during interaction(s) with outside agencies such as Maryland/DC/Florida Department of Health and The Joint Commission
- Attending State regulatory meetings regarding patient safety and risk management
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical discipline. Master’s Degree preferred
Required Work Experience:
A minimum of five (5) years of risk management, patient safety and/or quality improvement experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a high level of clinical knowledge and regulatory standards
- Requires ability to identify Risk Management issues
- Requires ability to investigate and identify compliance issues with the standard of care
- Requires excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills for interaction with medical and administrative personnel
- Requires ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Requires excellent of analytical skills to analyze and interpret reports and medical records
- Requires excellent technical and business writing skills
- Requires excellent computer experience with word processing and database management skills